Saturday, February 11, 2012

Six bands confirmed via Logbook of the World

I now have DXCC confirmed on six bands, having reached the 100 mark on 15 metres this week. I recently passed the 100 DXCC worked mark on 12m, giving me five bands, and now this latest achievement makes it six.

I cannot, however, apply for the ARRL five-band DXCC award, because this award only takes 80m, 40m, 20m, 15m and 10m into account, and I have not yet achieved DXCC on either 80m or 10m. However, this has not dampened my spirits at all. I am very much looking forward to the challenge of notching up more countries on both 10m and 80m, although in the case of the latter the band will be closing with the advent of summer.

It was HS0ZIV, in Thailand, for a QSO on 15m SSB in January of this year, who gave me the 100th QSL on 21 Mhz, and enough to allow me to apply for DXCC on that band. I am now eligible to apply for nine awards: DXCC mixed, DXCC CW, DXCC Phone, DXCC 40m, DXCC 30m, DXCC 20m, DXCC 17m, DXCC 15m and DXCC 12m. It's going to cost me a few bucks, but it will be nice to have a few certificates on the shack wall, especially as this was all achieved exclusively with LoTW, and with no help (so far!) from paper QSL cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated - so spam will not get through.