Sunday, September 28, 2014

C21GC Nauru in the log - new country for me, #308!!!!!


Within the past couple of days, I was thinking how I had missed a couple of chances over the past few years to log C2 Nauru. And up pops a one-man dxpedition to that Pacific Island, starting today! I kid you not. Stan LZ1GC is there as C21GC from today until October 14th. He was spotted on several bands today. 15m CW - no signal here. 10m CW - no signal here. 17m CW - barely audible on the absolute limit and impossible to have a QSO with. Then, up he pops on the Reverse Beacon Network on 14.010. I have the antenna pointed at 8 degrees already. I dial down to 14.010. He is there!! 559 with flutter. I put the split on. I sit on 14.011.5. I call.

Within just a moment he comes back "EI2?" and within a short few moments I was in his log!! Wow. I managed to get in before he was physically spotted on the cluster. Lucky me, because when he was spotted the QRM became huge. I made the webcam video below a few minutes after working him.




C21 is my 308th DXCC worked. I'm delighted to have logged Stan on his first day of activity. It can be difficult to work such one-person dxpeditions in the Pacific. And, as the cluster spot proved, there can be considerable QRM too. Delighted now to finish off my weekend with another All-Time New One (ATNO) in the log, and so soon after E3 gave me my last African DXCC.

A map showing the location of C2 Nauru in the Pacific Ocean.

1 comment:

  1. Do you need a loan to consolidate your debt? Are you in need of a loan
    to finance or expand your business? or for car purchase, buying a
    house and other personal loans ETC we give long term loan for five to
    fifty years maximum with 3% interest. You are 100% Guaranteed.
    contact us via email reply to email (urgentloan22@gmail.com)
    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS:
    Full Name:________________________
    Country:_________________________
    State:__________________________
    Sex:____________________________
    Date of Birth:______________________
    Home Address:______________________
    Amount Needed:______________________
    Loan Duration:_______________________
    Cell Phone:_________________________
    Monthly income:____________________
    Purpose for Loan:___________________
    Occupation:_________________________

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated - so spam will not get through.