Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I don't want to tempt fate, but look what's happening on the sun

OK, last time I wrote about this the sunspots fizzled away and there was another month without a single sunspot. So, it is with some trepidation that I raise the subject of sunspots again. Take a look at this animation from www.spaceweather.com and have a look at sunspot 1035 as it grows rapidly. Let's hope it keeps growing and that there is lots more such activity in coming weeks and months.

By the way, 20 metres was open again last night and I hopped down to Thos EI2JD's shack from where I worked Uruguay CX with his 3-element SteppIR. Thanks Thos. I heard some ZS (South Africa) stations from my home QTH but none of them were workable unfortunately. That was around 8 or 9pm last night. The Uruguay contact was made at around 10.30pm. Great to hear 20m still open in the evenings.

1 comment:

  1. Patience my young radio friend, everything comes to he who waits,. Your enthusiasm will be rewarded in time.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated - so spam will not get through.