Saturday, December 12, 2009

Just worked a new country - San Marino

I had only just arrived home for the afternoon and 20m was sounding pretty dead. I scanned the band and heard nothing. I scanned again and heard something a bit faint on 14.188.9. It was T70A in San Marino. I heard him call QRZ and jumped in and he worked me first time. Gave me 59. When I say the rest of the band is dead, I mean precisely that. He is the last workable station on the band this evening.

Anyway, that's another new one for me. Great stuff.

Spoke to EI8GGB last night for the first time. He's the one that got the callsign immediately preceding my one. His name is Andy and he lives in Skibbereen in Co. Cork. Thanks for the nice QSO Andy on Echolink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated - so spam will not get through.