Saturday, August 27, 2011

IRTS 2 metres counties contest

This is the portable 8el beam I will use.
Tomorrow, Sunday August 28th, the IRTS autumn 2 metres counties contest takes place. The contest will run from 2pm to 4pm local time. I will be participating in the contest as EI2KC/P from Bellewstown Hill in County Meath. I plan to use an 8 element beam and my Yaesu FT-897 although I am not yet decided on which section of the contest to enter. Previously, I have entered high power fixed from the home QTH but this will be my first portable effort.

The aim of the contest is to work as many Irish Counties as possible. Stations in GI the rest of the UK can participate also, and indeed their points are very welcome !

For contest rules, visit the IRTS website.

Hopefully as many EIs as possible will be active during the contest, if not to win, at least to give out some points. It is very enjoyable to hear the activity on the band, and to work various counties, so even the non-competitive ops among us can have a bit of fun. I hope to get you into the log sometime tomorrow afternoon. Good luck.

PS: Thanks to Pat EI2HX for a loan of one of his portable antenna tripods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated - so spam will not get through.