Thursday, November 26, 2009

Up to 24 characters in Morse (CW)

I have progressed to learning 24 characters in Morse at between 8 and 18 words per minute. The latest character added is the slash or separation / which is dah dit dit dah dit. It's all quite rhythmical really, and if, like me, you are a musician, learning Morse might be a wee bit easier. I just scored 100% accuracy in a two-minute test with 24 characters.

At this stage in my learning I know the following in morse:

A E F G I J K L M N O P R S T U V W Y

0 5 . , /

Only 20 more characters to go! Damn, when I say it like that it seems like such a mountain to climb. Still to go (although I know a lot of them already) are:

B C D H Q X Z @

1 2 3 4 6 7 8 9 ? = + SK

I am using, as previously mentioned, a little free program called Just Learn Morse Code which I downloaded. It's a great aid to learning CW. I am delighted with my progress so far. I find it helpful to adjust the pitch for the various lessons but for now I won't be increasing speed until I know all the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated - so spam will not get through.