Sunday, August 1, 2010

Working France with my home brew CW paddle



I made two of these home-brew CW paddles a while back, about two months ago now. I use one on my main HF rig, the FT-1000MP, and the other is in the car. Both were fashioned from the same block of wood, a length of wire (cut into two lengths), two headphone jacks, some screws and picture brackets, and some hacksaw blades. I estimate that both cost about 12 euro to make (6 euro apiece!). They work a treat, as you can see in this video.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tony,

    That key looks great for portable work. Would you mind sharing more info on how it's made? I would like to build one for my portable operation; my elecraft branded hexkey is getting too heavy for this.

    tnx es 73!
    Adrian, YO6SSW

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated - so spam will not get through.