Friday, October 30, 2009

Worked my very first HF contact just now on 40 metres

Having worked six stations on 2 metres already since I got the callsign this evening, I've now worked my first HF contact.

At 23:17 I worked EA5BRE on 7.121 LSB with only 20 watts into a half-size G5RV. He was patient with me despite the fact he was looking for DX. Thanks Luis. I recorded the latter part of the QSO for posterity, it being my first contact on HF with my callsign.

On 2 metres I have worked:

EI4DIB (No surprises there - thanks Tony!)
GI4SZW Seamus
EI4IP Sean
EI4HX Peter (hello again Peter!)
EI8IZ Darragh (mobile heading to Dundalk)
EI3GHB Alan in Maynooth, who was blasting in and gave me an excellent report. He also noted that we are both Golf Hotel Bravos!! Thanks for the welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated - so spam will not get through.