Monday, September 16, 2013

Lunchtime portable chat on Three Rock

I went for a nice walk at lunchtime here in Dublin and enjoyed a good QSO with Mike EI2DJ. He said I was a nice strong signal into the EI7TRR Three Rock Repeater from the Naas Road. The Waccom UV5RE Plus is a great little radio, especially considering it cost me less than 40 euro, including delivery. And yes, that's a new price, not second hand. I did buy the larger 3,800mah battery which cost extra, but it was well worth the spend. I have been quite active over the summer, despite the lack of blogging. I have written a novella in that time and am currently editing it for release as an eBook, hopefully in the next month or so. I am also busy clearing a large backlog of QSL cards for the bureau. I sent 400 cards to the outgoing manager on Friday and have since filled out another 100. With about 150 cards still to be processed in the shack, and another delivery on the way, I will be busy with that for a while. All going well, I might get the chance to chase C2 Nauru and XZ1Z Myanmar this week, which will be two new DXCCs for me if I can make a QSO with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated - so spam will not get through.