Thursday, November 5, 2009

Got my very first QSL card in the post today

My very first QSL card since becoming a licenced amateur arrived in the post today. I was delighted to get it. In fact, it was more than a QSL card because there was a separate photo of the operator at his station.

The card came from Fox Nine Sierra Hotel - F9SH - in France. Thanks very much Charles for the lovely card with a nice welcome to the bands. I was only licenced two days when I worked Charles last Sunday, November 1st.

The contact was made at 10:33 UTC on 14.245 Mhz (20 metres) and Charles gave me a nice 59 report.

Charles is 85 years old and still going strong on the radio. "Hope and wish you have a long activity with many DX contacts" he sayd. Thanks a million.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anthony, great this first QSL. Did look at your ustream recording about the card. Would be nice to see a picture of it in the part you wrote. Anyway, no one can beat this first direct QSL. If we make a QSO you can be shure of my direct QSL, I hope to be your first (QSL) from The Netherlands then on the official amateurradio bands ;-)
    73 Bas

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated - so spam will not get through.