Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A closer look at my SK-CC 75 morse key

Just a quick video to give you a better look at my SKCC-75 morse key. I've only had a chance for a few QSOs with it but they have been largely pleasurable. Right now my straight keying feels a bit clunky. I feel as if I'm using too much wrist action and can tire a bit during a QSO so I will need to sort that out. More practice/training required methinks.

On the DX front, I now have FT5ZM Amsterdam Island on five slots. Due to lack of time I have not been able to try very hard. It's been a busy couple of weeks here. But I am thrilled with five slots. I worked them on 20m SSB this evening with just 100 watts. The pile-ups are really starting to thin out on certain bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated - so spam will not get through.